Monday 2 July 2012

A nice dinner in Marmalade Pantry, Ion

My fiance and I had a nice dinner the other day in Marmalade Pantry at Ion, Orchard.

I must say the service was quite good. When we mentioned that we were sharing the soup and spaghetti, our food were split into two portions for us. We didn't even have to ask for an extra plate or bowl. It was actually the first restaurant I encountered where its staff took the initiative.

First up was our yummy mushroom soup. It was the best mushroom soup we had ever tasted. It was fragrant and tasted fantastic. The soup had a nice thick texture and wasn't like some restaurants which serve diluted soup. However, the croutons were slightly soggy and didn't taste as crunchy.

Next up was the best spaghetti we had ever tasted. The cream tasted awesome and not too rich. The noodles were great and the poached egg was an excellent topping. With the bacon bits, the dish was so delicious that we wanted more!

This was our chocolate cupcake. It was okay, not fantastic. It tasted chewy and slightly dry. The top of the cupcake was crusty. However, for a chocolate lover like me, this cupcake was definitely not chocolatey enough and did not live up to its name.

Lastly, this was our apple cinnamon cake. It tasted just like carrot cake to me. I enjoyed it much more than the chocolate cupcake. The texture of the frosting was creamy and the cake was good.


Our overall experience in Marmalade Pantry was good. However, it can get very crowded on weekends. But I'd say it's rather worth the wait. I will rate it 4/5.

Marmalade Pantry can be found at: 2 Orchard Turn, #03-22 ION Orchard, Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment