Wednesday 25 July 2012

Yum cha at Canton Paradise J Cube

Ahhh...yum cha again. I've been yum cha-ing many times in recent times. In any case, dimsum is one of my favorite foods and hence, you'd be seeing many dimsum posts from me! ;D

Who doesn't love dimsum right?!

I was at Canton Paradise J Cube with my fiance recently. It was our first visit there. The dimsum was AWESOME. It is the best dimsum I've eaten so far in Singapore and its standards are comparable to those you find in Hong Kong! And all this while I've been eating average or bad dimsum in Singapore...wondering where good dimsum can be found? I've finally found the place! Yes, it's definitely a must-visit-again-and-again-and-again place

First up, check out the siew mai. The fish roe on top was nice and the prawn inside was yummy too. It was one of the best siew mais I've eaten too.


Next up, these egg tarts were served piping hot and they were so delicious. I actually prefer these kind of traditional egg tarts to portuguese egg tarts. Seldom are you served piping hot egg tarts in dimsum restaurants. I was so delighted. The crust was nice and the egg custard was smooth too. It's a mini egg tart so you can pop like 3 of these into your mouth and not worry too much about getting fat!

This unique dish was a deep fried bacon and cheese roll. Dearie said that you couldn't really taste the cheese flavor and that it tasted more like cream. But it was nice. It wasn't spectacular though and I don't like to eat too much deep fried stuff also, so I'd probably skip this dish the next time I visit.


This you tiao chee cheong fun was very delicious. It's the best I've eaten so far in Singapore and much better than Victor's Kitchen. Actually I've only eaten this dish twice in my entire life. It's not easily found in dimsum restaurants in Singapore. The youtiao inside was deep fried and crispy whereas the one I ate in Victor's Kitchen was soggy. The sauce was also good.


Custard bun aka liu sha bao is one of my favorite baos all time. The good ones I've eaten in Singapore so far are from Imperial Treasure and Victor's Kitchen. There is finally a third one I found of comparable standards!


Check out the custard that oozed out. I loved it! It had fragrant salted egg taste and the custard melted in one's mouth. It was served piping hot too. So good I can eat this everyday!


Wah. Have you seen such a fat and juicy har gao? Can you see the bulging prawn inside? Seldom do you find such good har gao in Singapore. It's definitely the best I've tried in Singapore. Believe it or not, it's even better than some har gaos in Hong Kong! The prawn tasted so fresh and juicy I thought the har gao was going to explode inside my mouth. Haha. Joking la.


This was some vegetables dumpling. It tasted very nice too. But I'm not a huge fun of vegetables dumpling.


I didn't try this pork ribs dish. I don't fancy this dish at all.


Overall, I will rate it 4.5/5. Although the food was fantastic, the service was rather poor and you also had to wait for awhile to get in. It was quite crowded when we went there on a Saturday afternoon around 1pm. Be prepared to wait for at least 15 minutes to get in. After your order, you'd also have to wait around 15 minutes for your food to be served.

Canton Paradise can be found at J Cube Shopping Centre. Its location is: 2 Jurong East Central 1, #02-09 JCube, Singapore.

1 comment:

  1. Good sharing about Canton Paradise, please feel free visit back my blog about Canton Paradise too. The url is:
    http://kidbuxblog.com/canton-paradise/

    ReplyDelete