Sunday 22 July 2012

Orange Thimble

Orange Thimble is an arty farty cafe tucked in a quiet street away from the hustle and bustle of the city. I first got to know about it through a magazine's recommendation. I told dearie about it and we decided to go there one weekday morning for brunch.



There's alot of free space in Orange Thimble and I really liked it. It was pretty quiet on a weekday morning and you can go there to study or do work on your laptop.


You can also go there with a bunch of mates to chill and chat over a cup of coffee and a slice of cake.





This was the raisin scone we ordered which was served with butter and jam on the side. I tried abit and it was okay, nothing spectacular.


This was what I had. Quiche. I think it was bacon and cheese quiche. It was not too bad. But I'm not that big of a quiche fan. I just didn't know what to order. Oh, the unfortunate thing was that we couldn't try the shepherd's pie because it wasn't ready yet when we went. The weekday menu also didn't offer as much variety as the weekend menu.

Check this out: A thick slab of nutella (I think) sandwiched in between two crusty, sugary and chewy biscuit-cakes. This was too sweet even for as sweet tooth like me. Not only was the chocolate slab too sweet, the biscuit-cakes were also very sweet. It's called "Hazelnut Dacquoise".



I can't remember what drink we ordered. I think it was mocha or some latte. But anyway, it came with two small gem biscuits which I used to eat when I was a child. This is so retro! The drink was not bad.


Orange Thimble can be found at: 56 Eng Hoon Street, #01-68 Singapore. If you visit Orange Thimble, you may like to go there on a weekend instead for its expanded menu. I don't think the food was fantastic but I found the ambience really nice. I rate it 3/5. 

P/S: I'm so going back to try the shepherd's pie!





No comments:

Post a Comment