Monday 2 July 2012

En Japanese Dining Bar

En Japanese Dining Bar is a nice Japanese restaurant at UE Square. I first got to know about it when my friends decided to meet there for dinner. I then brought my fiance there for dinner on a Friday night for my second visit and his first visit.

The california roll had crunchy roe on top...I loved it! I really dislike california roll which have soggy, soft roe. I prefer the roe to have a solid and crunchy bite.


We had sashimi - I can't remember the exact fish - but there were salmon, squid and yellowtail. The sashimi was excellent and the best I've ever tasted in Singapore. Not only were the fish very fresh, the meat were also juicy and succulent.


We had yakitori as well.
I think this was bacon wrapped on the outside with scallop within.

This was too hard to chew. It had long thin white mushrooms inside. I didn't like it.

Underneath this massive egg blanket uncovered fried rice. We both loved the dish. The fried rice was very fragrant and was probably fried with garlic.

The waitress recommended this dessert to us:


This was so refreshing! Every bite was silky, smooth and sweet. The syrup tasted like caramel. This dish is called "tounyu panna cotta". It is a soy bean milk panna cotta.

En Japanese Dining Bar can be found at: 207 River Valley Road, #01-57 UE Square, Singapore. I will rate it 5/5. Not only was the food delicious, the service and ambience were not bad too. It is definitely one of my favorite restaurants. Do try the tounyu panna cotta and sashimi when you are there!

No comments:

Post a Comment