Saturday 30 June 2012

Dimsum lunch In Peach Garden

For Mother's Day celebration a few months ago, my parents, my fiance and I tried dimsum lunch in Peach Garden at Thomson Plaza.

It was our first time there. Even though we made a reservation, we still had to wait around fifteen to twenty minutes. It was quite chaotic as groups of people were crowded outside the restaurant.

The good thing was we didn't have to wait long for the dimsum as the dimsum were already prepared and served by waitresses with trolleys. It was an interesting sight as I don't recall the last time I was served dimsum by a waitress with trolley. Most times, you order dimsum off the menu.

However, because the dimsum were already prepared, by the time they were served, they weren't piping hot. They were quite cold. I still prefer my dimsum steaming hot.


Dimsum spread.

The pineapple bo lo bun was yummy and unique. It was the first time I actually tasted a bo lo bun which had real pineapple bits inside!

The fried dumplings were average.

I didn't try this...I think they were fried prawn rolls.

The mini egg tarts were not too bad. I prefer bird's nest egg tarts! I haven't tried any bird's nest egg tart in Singapore yet, but I have tried them in Malaysia.

The chee chong fun had big, juicy prawns inside.

The noodles were fantastic. As you can see, there were many ingredients and the prawns were big, fresh and succulent.

I will rate the restaurant 3/5. I find dimsum here above average, but not fantastic enough for me to rate it as one of my favorite restaurants.

Peach Garden can be found at: 301 Upper Thomson Road, #01-88 Thomson Plaza, Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment