Tuesday 26 June 2012

Kotobuki Japanese Restaurant

The other weekend, my parents, my fiance and I had a nice lunch at Kotobuki Japanese Restaurant. I remember it being a Sunday. It was a treat for Fathers' Day.

It wasn't our first time there. We love the quiet restaurant and great food at reasonable prices.

First up was yellow tail sashimi! Not the best I've tasted, but definitely above average.

Yellow tail is one of my favorite fish.

Next up, there was an interesting "tatami" dish - ikan bilis connected to form a tatami shape. A tatami is a type of mat used as a flooring material. We dipped the ikan bilis in the mayonnaise for a crispy and tasty bite.


This photo was taken with flash.



This plate of fried rice was fried with garlic. It smelled and tasted very nice.

I don't know why the mackerel I ordered looked like this:

But it had an interesting saltwater taste! It was very salty, but nice. We all enjoyed it.

Next up was teriyaki chicken. This wasn't too bad, but I find the meat were sliced too thin.


The grilled squid tasted abit salty but nice. However, like the teriyaki chicken, I think the squid was sliced too thin.

Overall rating: 4.5/5. It's definitely one of my favorite restaurants. The location is abit secluded, but it is next to a supermarket Sheng Siong. So you can do your groceries shopping there after a nice meal at Kotobuki. The meal made four of us very full and it only costed between $110-120.

Kotobuki can be found at: 3 Yuan Ching Road, #01-02A Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment