Tuesday 26 June 2012

Red House chilli crab!

My parents, my fiance and I had a nice seafood lunch the other day. It was our first visit to Red House Seafood Restaurant at Robertson Quay.

First up was the bamboo clam dish. I only took a bite. To be honest, I'm not a seafood lover. The bamboo clam dish was special though as it had vermicelli.


Close up of the bamboo clam.


The tofu dish was awesome. I helped myself to more than one tofu. The gravy was also delicious and I slurped quite a few mouthfuls.

Are you ready? This is going to make most of you drool...chilli crab! This is Red House's signature dish. Guess what? I didn't try it though. Told you I wasn't that much of a seafood lover. But I dipped the mantou in the crab gravy. We ordered steamed mantou because I was afraid my sorethroat would get worse if I ate fried mantou. However, I actually prefer my mantous fried!


The sauce was quite spicy. I'm not sure how the meat tasted though, since I didn't try it. But the rest said it was good. The crabs looked very big and succulent to me.

This was our lobster noodles dish. Very expensive dish...it costed around $120 for this bowl of lobster noodles! I must say there were alot of lobster meat, however it didn't taste very sweet. In fact, it tasted slightly bitter. We were rather disappointed.


This was our dessert: fried sweet potato skin on the outside with red bean paste inside. Not too bad for a crunchy sweet bite! It didn't taste too oily either.


See the red bean paste? Yummy.

Overall, I will rate the restaurant 4.5/5. This is definitely a restaurant worth revisiting! I think they serve dimsum too. I will go back for dimsum next time as I'm quite tempted by the crab bun I saw on the poster outside their restaurant. Save your money on the lobster noodles though as it is simply too expensive and the meat just wasn't sweet enough. However, I would say it is quite costly here as the meal costed us more than $300.

Red House can be found at: 60 Robertson Quay Singapore 238252.



No comments:

Post a Comment