Sunday 30 September 2012

White Rabbit, finally!

Finally. After many times trying to get a reservation, we managed to visit White Rabbit yesterday! I love the ambience! It's definitely a must visit place for the ambience. Before that, here are some pics of parrots in an enclosure at Dempsey!

 This is the enclosure with parrots!
 Three musketeers? I love these red ones, very pretty.

 This one blends in with the background.
 I've never seen blue ones before! Very unique and pretty too.
 This naughty one was chewing on the fence and eating nuts, very greedy but cute!



Here are some pics of the White Rabbit. Seriously, I love the place. There are so many interesting things!


 See the cute rabbits enclosed in the gigantic cage?
 A swing in the outdoors...
 Seriously, I can't tell what this is. Can someone tell me what this is? Haha.
 Cable car! But it's very old and dirty. Rustic feel.

 Looks like the inside of an European church. I love it!

 First up was our appetizer. This was recommended by the waiter. It's called "Chilled Crab Cocktail". It consists of avocado, caviar, tomato and citrus foam. Actually the foam tasted abit weird. It was somewhat like eating SOAP. The appetizer tasted refreshing, yet it's somewhat weird at the same time, haha. I can't decide if I like it or dislike it. But the caviar was good :) Just don't touch the foam!


 Darling had Char-Grilled Mangalica Pork Collar. It was very delicious. The sides are very crispy and you could taste the juiciness and fatty parts. There were also apple bits served on the side. The cream you see tasted somewhat like butter. But it's called calvados cream.


 The fish I had. It's called Grilled Atlantic Cod. I found the vegetables and sauce nice. The skin of the fish was nice too. But the fish was overcooked. Each bite was tough and tasted obviously overcooked. I didn't like it as much. I wish it wasn't overcooked so that each bite would be smoother and softer. The cod fish at Covelli tasted way better than this.


 Our dessert - White Chocolate Soufflé. This was my first time eating Soufflé. The crust of the Soufflé was sweet and sugary. The inside tasted soft like tofu. And there was some white chocolate inside, but very little. I wish there was more white chocolate inside the Soufflé. The triple chocolate ice cream was nice though. Very smooth, creamy and chocolatey and it tasted somewhat nutty.




 See? We demolished our dessert. Be glad we didn't lick up the plate :p

Overall, I will rate White Rabbit 3/5 for the food and 10/5 for the ambience, haha.Yes, that's how nice the ambience is. I love it so much. The service was also top notch with the waitors asking you if everything's all right and how the food was. If you called for them, they'd respond to you quickly too. They also came to top up water for us a few times. The food is very pricey though. Our meal here costed $150! If you have a special occasion to celebrate, I'd strongly encourage you to go. You'd have to call much earlier to reserve though, as it is always full house on Fridays and Saturdays. White Rabbit can be found at 39C Harding Road, Singapore.



No comments:

Post a Comment