Monday 24 September 2012

Ivins Peranakan Restaurant

Some updates on our contractors: We were both shocked that both our contractors quoted so highly. Before any discount or change, the first contractor quoted $95k and the second $86k! But the second contractor's quote didn't include many things, so if he were to include, I think it'd be much more expensive than the first.

Hence, I'm looking forward to our third contractor's quote. Hopefully it'd be more reasonable. However, the first contractor is willing to negotiate and after taking away some stuff that we didn't want, the quote came down to $68k. This is not including aircon though. SIGH. How costly it is to stay in Singapore! :(
But we're definitely going to bargain some more. Hopefully, wouldn't have to spend more than $65k on the renovations, excluding aircon and furniture. We are leaving aside about $30k for aircon, furniture, lighting and other miscellaneous stuff.

Well, anyway, on a happier note, here are some pigging out photos at Ivins Nyonya Peranakan Restaurant! I was there recently with dearie, my parents, sis and bro-in-law.

 This is our honey pork. Tastes sweet and not too bad. Can be crunchier though.

 Curry chicken. I'm not a huge fan though.

 I enjoyed the assam fish head! The curry was nice and fish was fresh. I love eating ladies' fingers too. I couldn't help but kept slurping the curry on its own. Thumbs-up!

 I didn't really like this though. It was a soft mass of eggs and prawns.

 The nghor hiang rolls were sliced too thin. They didn't taste good. The sides were not crispy and you couldn't taste any prawn. I didn't like the filling too. My mom makes so much better nghor hiangs.

The kangkong was not exactly spicy. I don't like kangkong that much anyway.

We still had duck meat and desserts, but I didn't take photos. I would say Ivins' service is decent and the food is nice and served pretty quickly. I rate it 3.5/5. Ivins can be found at: 19/21 Binjai Park Bukit Timah,
Singapore 589827.


No comments:

Post a Comment