Wednesday 26 September 2012

Antoinette Loving!

Despite the bad coughing, I still engaged in chocolate and salted caramel crepe from Antoinette's yesterday! Heh. It's me and dearie's second visit to Antoinette. Our first visit was at Penhas Road. This time round, we went to Scarlet Hotel. Since it was only 6pm, and it was a weekday, we were the only customers there!

This is my yummy chocolate and salted caramel crepe which I had the other time at Penhas Road too. I prefer the one there. Somehow, it tasted nuttier and nicer there. The ice cream there had some sticky nougat, whereas this one didn't. And the crackers were much sweeter, thicker and yummier at Penhas. But the ones yesterday were not as good. If I crave for this dish again in the future, I'm so going back to Penhas instead!

Check out our food at Antoinette's! <3

Dearie had meat and bacon crepe, with mushroom gravy. I love the pot the gravy is served in, so cute! I took a bite of the crepe, it was not too bad.



The nice mushroom gravy which was served piping hot.

 This was what I had: Nougatine. Unfortunately, Scarlet Hotel's Nougatine didn't taste of hazelnut nougatine at all :( But the one at Penhas had. I love the taste of the chocolate crepe mixed with salted caramel at the bottom. The crepe was thin and soft. Each bite was extremely chocolatey. This dish is not recommended for those who don't like too sweet food. But for sweet tooth people like me, this is ultimate heaven! I love the food at Antoinette and the ambience too. The interior decor is of victorian furniture, very european style. The service was okay. Overall, I will rate it 4/5. It definitely is one of my favorite restaurants, after Paul's of course. Haha. If you read my earlier entries, you'd know I'm a huge Paul's fan.

Antoinette can be found at: 33 Erskine Road, #01-02/03 The Scarlet Hotel, Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment