Thursday 13 September 2012

Graze at Rochester

Ah...today is Friday but I'm going to town! What a lucky bitch right? Haha. Well, just need to settle some stuff today for wedding. We're heading to Cartier for touch up and engraving for our wedding bands. After which, we will also get mooncakes for our parents. I'm also going to try on my ROM dress today! So excited!

I wonder what to wear for ROM? I'm very likely wearing short. But what color? Design? Not sure yet. Anyway, here's a post on Graze, a restaurant at Rochester!

You've got to hand it to Graze for one of the restaurants with best ambience. I love how cosy it makes you feel. You can choose to sit outdoors also. But I really love the indoors. Outside, there's a big TV screen too. I'm not sure what it shows. But it's definitely a good chill out place outdoors.

Went down with my parents and dearie last weekend for lunch. I will rate it 3/5 for food and 5/5 for ambience. Service was pretty good too.




 I think it's the wood and dim lights that make the place feel and look so cosy.

Anyway, first up...this was what dearie ordered:


Cod fish! I took a bite; it tasted slightly spicy. I think the dish will be better with some mashed potatoes on the side.


This was what my Dad ate. It's called "Lunch Platter". I think it consists of different kinds of raw fish including salmon if I'm not wrong. The jars contained some stuff but I'm not sure what they are! To go with the fish, I guess!

Mum had pancakes with maple syrup and butter. Not fair! That was what I wanted to order. I wanted to order the desserts platter but decided not to. It'd be such a waste if we couldn't finish it.

Next up is what sweet tooth me ate. Apple crumble with ice cream! Gee. It tasted totally different from the other time when I ate with dearie. Although it's still nice, I found the dessert too wet for my liking. Also, check out the red bits. I don't know what they are but they tasted abit too sweet for my liking. The apple bits were nice though.


Since I was pretty disappointed with my dessert, I decided to order potato wedges. To my initial horror, the wedges served were sweet potato wedges! I was really surprised why they put in their menu as "potato wedges". Unless I missed out the word "sweet potato". But to my delight, this was so GOOD! Everyone loved it. It tasted somewhat similar to your usual potato wedges, probably because of the salt they sprinkled over it.  But the sweet potato together with the crispy skin was good. Every bite was so delicious. Especially when you dip it in the mayo and other sauce. I'm not sure what the other sauce was, but I preferred the other sauce.


 A pond with fishes they have outdoors. If you prefer some sun, chill outdoors! It's nice too.

Graze can be found at: 4 Rochester Park, Rochester Park, Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment