Thursday 8 November 2012

DIY pancakes for you?

Such an interesting eatery we came across the other day, near Halloween's. We were first attracted by the halloween decorations. There were not many restaurants around either. Hence, we decided to try out this pancakes place where you DIY your own pancakes!


Check out the cute Halloween's decoration. 


Trick or treat? For me, it's always a TREAT, duh!


I love the cute wallpaper and concept where NOOK, the pancakes place, is like an imaginary town.


Glad we came across this interesting pancakes place by chance.


Getting ready and waiting for our pancakes...

Are you ready?!


We ordered two different batters - one is banana, one is original I believe. I can't remember. The orange one on the left is the banana flavor. We had different  mixes like oreo bits, walnuts, caramelized apple slices and maple syrup.


Pouring the original batter.



Two small pancakes.

Pan fried till they are golden brown? Hmm, and abit burnt for the left one, lol.




We forgot to put the ingredients while frying the pancakes, silly us! So we had to put the toppings on top, gee whiz.


A heart pancake dearie made for me! Actually he made all the pancakes. I just sat, watched, enjoyed watching, and enjoyed eating. HOHO.


It actually looks nicer this way eh? The uncooked one doesn't look so nice. This one looks like it has many smaller hearts in it. 

Overall rating for the food - 2/5? I didn't enjoy the pancakes that much at all. Nothing special about the batter. Nor do I remember the banana batter to be unique taste. The toppings were boring, but to be fair, I can't remember what other toppings they had. I won't go back SPECIALLY to eat the pancakes. However, it is such a fun place to be in on a chilly Friday night. You can hang out there with your loved one or friends. With such a unique concept, I would rate the restaurant an overall 3/5. 

Nook DIY House Of Pancakes can be found at 21 Lorong Kilat #01-03, Bukit Timah, Singapore. It is in walking distance from Udders at Bukit Timah.


No comments:

Post a Comment