Monday 19 November 2012

Dearie's birthday :>

Was dearie's birthday last Friday. Though I gave him the tiramisu already, on Thursday, I decided to bake another something for him! Hehe. Check out the orange cake with cheese cream frosting, chocolate chips, raspberries and grated orange skin on top!


Though it didn't look so nice, AHEM. But it tasted nice! I was surprised :p cuz it was my first attempt in cake baking. It had a nice orange taste, the cake was yummy and moist, and the cheese cream on top tasted delicious. Oops, self-praise is international disgrace!

Then on his birthday, we ate at Imperial Treasure restaurant at Takashimaya for lunch. It was my third time trying dimsum there.


Loved the mini egg tarts. The crust and egg were perfect.



Har gao was NICE! It has a nice thin skin, and fat bulging prawn inside which explodes in your mouth, YUM.

See the close up? I didn't lie to you about the bulging prawn!


The siew mai was above average too, but I think the har gao was better.


This is the BEST liu sha bao I've eaten in Singapore and comparable to the best liu sha bao I've eaten in Hongkong! The custard was creamy and flowy and hot, and melted in your mouth. It tasted sweet and yet had the salted egg yolk taste at the same time. Perfect!


Zha liang. Rice roll wrapped around you tiao (fried dough). It's DELICIOUS and one of my favorite dim sum dish.



I didn't try the carrot cake and the pork ribs cuz I was full already.

The service was not that great, so I will rate it 3.5/5. But you can't get so good and affordable dim sum in other restaurants around town! Imperial Treasure can be found at: 391 Orchard Road #05-12/13/14 Ngee Ann City.

For dinner, we decided to go to Union Farm Eating House which is pretty famous for its zhi bao ji (paper wrapped chicken).


The bee hoon has this plain but nice taste.


Egg noodles. I found it below average.


The kailan vegetables were HORRIBLE (in caps). They tasted uncooked, hard, raw, like grass.


The zhi bao ji which many people come to order and takeaway. I think it's not bad. Tasted slightly oily but the chicken was quite yummy. Since the chicken is pretty small, you can eat like 5 pieces easily.


Close up. Looks oily eh?

Union Farm Eating House can be found at 435A Clementi Road. I like the ambience as it's tucked away in a corner, like a kampong style restaurant which is seldom found in Singapore. However, the food is only so-so. If you visit, must try their signature dish i.e. zhi bao ji, otherwise there's no point visiting. I will rate it 2/5.








No comments:

Post a Comment