Wednesday 30 May 2012

Blackout at Grand Hyatt

To my horror, as I did some research on Google, I came across this article where a wedding dinner was cancelled due to blackout at Grand Hyatt ballroom: http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20120428-342684.htm

And this article was dated just this month!

I suspect the blackout was probably due to some renovations going on at Grand Hyatt. I remember the catering sales person telling me over the phone that there were some renovations going on at the hotel.

So scary! Can you imagine if you were one of the guests there? I wonder whether Grand Hyatt refunded the wedding couple as it's such an embarrassing incident.

I think we shouldn't choose Grand Hyatt since I'm not sure how long their renovations will last. I don't want a blackout at my wedding!

I guess it's down to Marina Mandarin and Shangri La Sentosa.  Maybe we will also include Mandarin Oriental in our choices.


No comments:

Post a Comment